Vanessa KuwajimaMD Request An Appointment
Dr. Vanessa Kuwajima is a board-certified gastroenterologist who provides comprehensive care for gastrointestinal and liver diseases. She has a particular interest in esophageal motility disorders, quality measures in endoscopy and women-related issues in gastroenterology.
Dr. Kuwajima spent much of her academic and professional GI career in at the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO. There she focused on patient-centered inpatient consultation services, safely transitioning patients from inpatient to outpatient care and advancing the highest quality delivery of digestive health care. During her tenure at MU, she assumed multiple leadership positions, including directorship of the GI fellowship program.
She moved to Florida with her loving husband and four children to be closer to family and enjoy the state’s beautiful landscape. Dr. Kuwajima looks forward to providing care for patients in Rockledge and the surrounding communities.
“Time is our most precious resource. Through compassionate, patient-centered care I help patients achieve a balanced digestive system so that they can spend their time on the things that matter most to them. It is an absolute pleasure and privilege to be part of each patient’s wellness journey!”
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine – Gastroenterology
- Gastroenterology Fellowship + Chief Fellow: University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center
- Internal Medicine Residency + Chief Resident: University of Missouri
- Master of Science in Public Health: University of Missouri
- Master of Business Administration: University of Missouri
- Medical School: University of Missouri
Fluency: Portuguese, English
Honors & Awards
- ASGE GI Organizational Leadership Development Program (GOLD) Program
- ASGE Leadership Development and Education (LEAD) Program
- Castle Connolly 2021 Top Doctors
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society